View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 03:09 PM   #10

Popping on deceleration...can be tight valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenstogie View Post
thanks.... i am swapping out the stock exhaust for less air restriction but good to know for the meantime .... i do get a little light popping on the deceleration now but am hoping that with the 110 main, iridium plug and new exhaust w/o the cat �� i will no longer have that and more power too...
I bought my TT250 used with 1130 miles. When new, the PO had replaced the carb with a PWK28 clone and put on a Stainless exhaust. It had some deceleration popping, but not really any more than the stock TT250 I also rode before this bike (it had only 87 miles on it).

Well, the popping got worse over the past 1000 miles and, while I didn't think I was due to adjust the valves until 2500 miles (500 1st adjust + 2000), I decided to do it anyway.

They were VERY tight. Makes me sort of wonder if the PO actually did the 500 adjust like he said he did. Anyway, did the adjustment and all popping is gone.

Can't say it is completely from the valve adjust because I decided that the PWK28 was too big for basically no mods but the exhaust and put on a VM26-606 instead. So, could be a combination of valves and the correct sized carb.

Orion RXB 150XL