View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to GY_Racing
I have been trying to contact Frontier Imports (where I ordered the bike from) to see if they will help me but I haven't been able to get in touch with them since the sale as I had a few other issues that needed to be addressed re the bike. I think their voice mail may not be working in the service department as they never return any of my calls even from last week. I did get a chance to speak with AL and they told me that they can not help because it looks like F.I is not an authorized dealer for AL and this happens all the time. They were nice but rude at the same time. They told me that I can only use the bike to "ride down to my mailbox and back" and he was laughing hysterically about it. He then said he is sorry that its not funny but it's the truth as its not from an authorized dealer so it will never see a plate even though the dealer said it was road legal in all states except CA. He also suggested I hook a mower on the back of it to make use of the bike since I would not be able to leave my house with it. I did not really like his humor at my expense 8O I then spoke with "Chaunl motorcycle USA" They are also listed on my MSO. They were really nice and sent me this email followed by a fax with their letterhead and signature in hope this might help at the DMV but that was all they could do.

Here is the email:

State of Connecticut

Department of Motor Vehicles

May 8, 2008

To whom it may concern:

Chuanl Motorcycle USA Co Ltd, located in Garland, TX, is a U.S. distributor for Chuanl Motorcycle Manufacturing Co Ltd which has manufacturing facilities in Taizhou, Huangyan District, Zhejiang Province, China. Chuanl Motorcycle Manufacturing Co Ltd manufactures motorcycles and scooters for us as well as for other distributors worldwide. One of the distributors of Chuanl Motorcycles in the U.S. is American Lifan. Chuanl products distributed by Chuanl Motorcycle USA Co Ltd are sold under the product name “Longbo”. Chuanl products distributed by American Lifan are sold under their name, “Lifan”.

Steve Coter's motorcycle was purchased through one of American Lifan’s licensed dealers in Texas. Both Chuanl and American Lifan are licensed distributors in the state of Texas, as well as many other states in the U.S.