View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 06:59 AM   #1

Longer sidestand

have always been one to stand on the peg and climb on the bike. The factory lean angle on the RX3 is too much and when you put any pressure on the peg, all the weight is transferred to the footpad, almost none to the tires. More than once I've almost had a bad event play out.

Playing with some scrap flat stock, I came up with 11/16" rise. This seemed to be about perfect. It's still stable, wind isn't gonna knock it over, nor will a hard nudge, but the tires take almost all my weight during mounting.

I cut the spring peg off, and the flanged end where it mounts to the bike. The new pad is 3/8" plate I zipped out with a plasma cutter. The new rod is 3/4" steel. It took a few tries to get the angle and placement right on the pad before I welded it out. It's about perfect. We had 60mph gusts across the lot yesterday and when I went out to see if I needed to tie it to a post, it was rock steady. Not even rocking. BTW if you see a brown boonie hat, please let me know, esp those outside of the USA. It did end up right at 11/16" additional length overall.
Attached Images