View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 08:42 PM   #17

Good news on the warehouse for me!! I wonder if I could convince someone to put it together. I am not sure if the Yuma MVD office still requires to see a bike in person like they did with my TMEC (it was 49 state street certified after all), but Musictrek was able to plate his Brozz in Phoenix before he even had it out of the crate using a private office that contracts with the state's MVD. Years ago, when I went to plate my TMEC, I started off at one of those offices locally, but they said I had to take the bike in for a physical inspection. The reason I would want to get my plate is if Don could send me the paperwork (it would have to be notarized--remember that conversation, Jerry?) but I could pick up the bike with a plate to bolt on and ride it back to Yuma. Yes, taking the side roads of course...

As far as top speeds go, that is great to hear it can hit 65 to 70. Caesar with Small Engine Velocity was hitting 60+ GPS verified with literally dozens of miles on the odometer from new; he said it had more throttle, but it was not broken in yet, so he didn't want to push it. I mean, and not to discredit all the Hawks out there; heck most any other brand including Bashan and CSC, it seems they can't hit 70 very often, and those are 223cc +. Again, not starting anything, but it is nice that the 200cc Lifan is hitting 65 to 70. Then again, when the Lifan GY200-5 was the Hawk of the mid-2000s as far as sales went, it came stock with 17/46 gearing, and people were hitting 65 or more, but I cannot recall if GPS was in vogue, so perhaps were people relying on their stock speedos.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard