View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #6

Location: Living in SE Ohio for now. Good weather, some nice people.
Thanks for sharing some of your positive experience and pointing me toward the Resource Guide.

I'm not considering the EFI and EMC/ECU as "Upgrades for Dummies". The future of every internal combustion engine is EFI, the proof is in the automobile industry. The EPA has all but killed off 2 strokes and, muffled and choked our 4 strokes until you have to increase displacement to make up for the power loss attributed to the emissions equipment. EFI just might make it possible to bring back the powerful 2 stroke engines.

Speaking of haters, of which I was not, I was there when the Japanese bikes were hatefully called "rice burners" and to ride one was unpopular in any community. I believe Japanese bikes are now "King" of reliable motorcycles and, Chinese manufacturers are consistent in their "disposable planet" business model, and their bikes are no exception.

I've chosen to consider the Hawk DLX for its progressive response to the oppressive EPA standards that have stifled development of bikes by other manufacturers. As I have stated already, my attempts to find answers regarding the build quality have been glossed over with sales hype "EVERYTHING is BETTER" and the specifics are largely ignored. I realize the DLX is very new to the market and few will have much experience to share at this point.

I'll be posting questions, I hope they prompt more than a "Just BUY IT" response.

Thanks again for the welcome message, hope to be talking with all of you about the fun and excitement this sport is for me. I may even chime in on some of the technical questions, I am an accomplished mechanic, fabricator and, electronics technician.