View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeus685 View Post
My BD125/10 is still at its infancy with under 100miles on her. I am trying to get toward a more off road bias though knowing that 30-50 highway trips to be expected as normal.
Seat sucks! Better than the Honda but that elevated seat hum will drive anyone over about 5'5"" to distraction being force forward and all. Pulling the stapels and a few minuets with a carving knife., a couple minuets with a flapper wheel on the portable drill resulted in narrower seat and perhaps 1/2" lower seat height with no passenger bump.
Stuggling to get above 43 mphs and I am sure the full on knobbies rob the top end a bit.
So far I am happy with this "work in progress". The only other bikes I would have prefered would have been then Himalayan or Magician. Lookling forward to some fun rides.. Today looks good!
That looks really good with knobbies actually! Did you do the carb mods or switch the carb yet? 43 seems... really slow should be able to run at 50 even if your a big guy like me at 240lbs just takes longer to get there than the skinny jean guys haha.

I'm still leaning on the vader gen 2, good to know about the seat as im basically 6' tall, like a two mm short so im 5'11" lol.

With my gift cred and whatnot the vader gen 2 will only run me $900 out of pocket shipped to my house. I feel like I will change the headlight eventually because I prefer LED's and I dont want to be limited to daylight hours I live in Southeast Idaho aka Boise and I feel like these are perfect bikes for tooling around town 95% of the roads are 35-40mph, just need to find a projector housing for proper LED highlight pattern.

I had to change my entire headlight closures on my Kenworth semi truck because LED's scatter really bad if you dont use a projector lense and they blind everyone without doing you any good!

I'll be ordering my bike as soon as my bestbuy refund check arrives and probably just going to order a carb at the same time as with some basic mods.

If yall can recommend me the parts im all game to learn more! I looked at Mikuni VM22 carb but im confused to which one people are actually using, the mikuni is $70 the knock offs are about $30 but they are all bigger bore like 26mm not 22mm.