View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 12:15 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
The Icebear Fuerza (Daix PMZ125-1) is a pretty well built bike. I never had any problems with mine.

On that note, I don't think you'll want to take it on the highway though. Even with a 17T sprocket with upgraded carb and exhaust, the speed maxed out around 65 mph in 4th.

For lifespan, these bikes (grom clones) all use pit bike engines. They are pretty durable for the most part. If you do modify, keep it to upgrading the parts to more reliable/durable parts. These bikes are pretty simple so there's not much complexity that gets in the way. But keep in mind... wear and tear on these engines are not unlike wear and tear on car engines and other bikes. If you keep driving around at redline, you'll see more wear and tear than someone who just rides around the neighborhood. So depending on what speed you'll be cruising at (like on highway plan for 65-70 mph cruising), you'll want to be able to go 10-20 mph more than that for top speed. You're not going to want to sit at 9000+ rpm for extended periods of time riding around

I'd personally keep the insurance on the car. You're commuting to school and back. When weather goes bad, last thing you want is to be on a bike. Go with the car and then worry about the bike.

I got rid of mine because I don't ride anywhere near what I thought I would. Since I don't stunt/wheelie/etc, I never go on group rides with the Grom guys. Not to mention that they all live a bit of a distance away so I'd have to hop on the highway.

You may want to consider saving up and getting a used CBR250 or CBR300. Max speed will be closer to 90-100 mph and is a full size bike.

The KPR200 is a good option. Lifan makes pretty good bikes. You can also look at what CSC and SSR have in terms of bikes as well.
Sooo you got rid of the chinese clone because you dont stunt and didnt want to ride with grom guys but your sig shows you sold that and bought a 2020 Grom? Whats the real story boss, what issues did you have with the icebear?