Thread: $5895 for RX4
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 12:13 AM   #158

I’m patiently waiting to hear how the RX4 works out from owners before I move on from my RX3. The Versys 300 is top of my list right now to replace it. I understand some dealers tack on 1000 in fees but I’ll just stop by Romney cycle and get one for @ 5300 since they just add a small doc fee. CSC likes to say it doesn’t have fees but they have nearly 500 dollars in doc and assembly fees outside the advertised MSRP. Regardless I want to see how the RX4 shakes out first since the CSC bikes are far cheaper to repair if you drop them and the crash bars are really great on the RX3 for adventure work.

I really don’t care for the stock luggage as it leaks pretty bad in my RX3 experience. I took mine on a 4000 mile trip to newfoundland and the luggage let me down pretty bad in the rain and it’s pretty small. The top case eventually cracked at the mounts as well. Mines had rubber parts dry rot and the top end makes a racket at 7200 miles (valves in spec) so I’m suspect about Zongshens long term reliability at this point. I’m waiting to see how the 4 works out.

My father bought a TT250 a few years back to learn on (he started riding in mid 60’s) and it’s held up great. I would recommend that bike to anyone. He rode to Alaska this spring 13k miles on a Honda NC700 having just learned to ride 2 years ago on the TT250 camping almost everyday on the trip and had the time of his life. Thank’s CSC for providing an inexpensive bike to learn on to prep for that trip.