View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 09:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
I am very concerned about your oil change methods ,It appears you were “done” but you haven’t bothered to put fresh oil in it .That can bite you big time .l.o.l. .
I worked for a friend who owned a Carquest store here in Canada ,Carquest owned a company that dealt with OEM foreign car parts including Porsche Ferrari ,Maserati etc,etc, .They were very inexpensive compared to the stealerships ,like 75% off ,not sure if they have the same supplier in the states but you might want to ask .
Haha!! Also, yes, Carquest, which is now owned by Advance Auto, was/is my go to place. Got the CV axles, normally 69$ each for about 45$ each with some rewards bucks and a 25% off coupon. Actually said Carquest on the box! Brakes, same deal, about 20$ For the back and 25$ for the front I think? Purolator filter cartridge was around 8-11$ if my memory serves me.
The general parts aren’t too bad I don’t think. eBay is also a good place, and I went to a wrecking yard close by, and they had one Boxster! Lots of good parts on it. I pulled the front license plate bracket, some clips and fasteners, and I know now where a mostly complete car is, for future reference... evidently the engine runs too, as it was whacked in the front right side. I want to say the parts guy verified running engine when I asked...
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

“Throttle twisting geek” -LFN