View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 01:49 PM   #12

Ok, maybe I wasn't precise. I do believe that it is possible for engine this size to consume that amount of fuel. On the same time it is also possible for 50cc to use 5l/100km if tuned badly enough. I wouldn't call it "burning" then, though.

When I bought it it was consuming 5l/100km, but since then I tuned carb and replaced piston rings. Also started to pump more air into tires. I allowed it to decrease thirst for fuel significantly but still not enough for what, imao, properly tuned 200cc should be burning.

Chinese bikes usually use same kind of engines, dual-sport or not it shouldn't use this much fuel unless there is something wrong with it.
F.e. weak spark, missfires, bad mixture, gas tank leakage, carb leakage, worn out piton rings, low tire pressure, slipping clutch, brakes pads touching discs, clogged air filter...

Not all of those symptoms are easy noticeable nor are they preventing from riding on daily basis. Engines don't just burn significantly more fuel than others of the same model without a reason.