View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 09:34 PM   #5

Head Scratching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Have you tried running it with the fuel cap off? If you have an inline fuel filter, try running without it, and see what happens. Are you buying regular gas? If so, how long is it between fill-ups?

I don't usually trust the fuel gauge so I am always filling the tank. I don't have an inline fuel filter but thinking I might install one and some clear fuel line. I will try running without the cap on and see what happens. this all started after I stored the bike in my basement this winter. I have stairs going up out of my basement and noticed when I was guiding the bike up the stairs (not running we used a small winch) that some gas leaked out of the float bowl hose as I went up the incline (I had drained the bowl/tank etc when I put it up for the winter and refilled before taking it outside.) From there problems just started multiplying. I did notice the first time I took it out and it stalled and didn't want to start that after it did start I took it to fill it up and it immediately ran better. I wonder if opening the tank cap vented the tank and allow fuel flow again ? Thanks for the input it has me thinking at least.