View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensuBeanCartel View Post
hi guy, awesome bike! to let you know the wheels in the tt250 have threads for the sprocket, and are actually functional...... I somehow broke the hell outta the original wheel in like 3rd gear and had to replace everything because it chewed the living daylights out of it.

tt250 back brakes do not work, nothing matches fyi, so just use your stock hawk brake parts including the rotor.

yep, it finally happened, came out of a turn, got on it hard and it nutralled out. stomped on the shifter let out the clutch, nothing.. stopped and looked chain is on, sproket freewheeling on the wheel, studs all broke.

Ordered new honda parts including the bushes, but Im not feeling very secure about driving 38hp into that rear wheel anymore.. a 6mile push home will do that to ya,, if i had a bunch of zip strips id have tied the sproket to the spokes and put put my way home.. ah hidnsight!!

Iv'e purchased a used 1990 cr500 wheel, it has a 20 mm axle and the xr350 swing arm has a 15mm slot, so onto my mill it will go. otherwise im not concerned with making it fit. Iv'e done this kind of swap more times than I remember.

the cr500 wheel will definetly handle the power.

when you say tore up you mean the wheel hub? im hoping i can get these new parts in and finish the summer / do the wheel over the winter, but fear the hub may be torn up..