View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #9

I have been pushing the RX3 quite a bit the past couple of weeks. Today I rode for 650 miles, that's a pretty long day. And I have to say again, I am loving this 13T/46T combo. Today was 11 hours of constant highway riding, and it was such a massive improvement over the stock gearing! Last time I rode this way, with the stock gearing, I had to avoid highways to avoid bogging down and slowing everyone down, and riding in the emergency lane to let them pass and all that.

This time, I took the Interstate the whole way. I was generally able to hold the 75 mph speed limit, and this time I was the one doing the passing.

I also set what I think has to be the speed record for an RX3 with a stock engine: down one long hill the GPS hit 87.2 mph, and the speedo showed 94!

This sprocket change has transformed the bike. It isn't 100% yet, it still can't hold the speed limit up long hills, but it's getting very close to being able to handle all expected situations. I'm optimistic the 298cc kit will give it that last bit.