View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 09:41 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler_Devil View Post
Hey Duders,
I'm planning on getting this bike in the next week, just ordered off of Venommotorsportsusa and was curious since, this is the most recent thread for this bike, what immediate suggestions would any of you have for it? Initially, I'm getting into bikes is because I can no longer afford car insurance and the PMZ125-1 was eventually what I decided on. I need the transportation for a 30 minute commute to and from school and occasionally an hour commute to Atlanta (if I were to take the highway). I would have bought something more typical like a Honda Shadow 250 but alas I can only REALLY afford a scooter/moped at the moment. So I'm curious to know if you guys think this will really be the best bang for my buck? I'm not really a modder but I'm experienced and have plenty of help to be open to it, however I'm also curious about how long you think the lifespan is with just the stock parts or even if its worth using as my daily rider via stock parts? I already understand this is a little over my head (thanks to the redditors) but you all are very knowledgeable about this particular bike, so whaddya think?
Will it be safe for a good year just keeping maintenance on the stock parts? Or should I really consider some modifications if I want this for my daily long-term commuter?
The Icebear Fuerza (Daix PMZ125-1) is a pretty well built bike. I never had any problems with mine.

On that note, I don't think you'll want to take it on the highway though. Even with a 17T sprocket with upgraded carb and exhaust, the speed maxed out around 65 mph in 4th.

For lifespan, these bikes (grom clones) all use pit bike engines. They are pretty durable for the most part. If you do modify, keep it to upgrading the parts to more reliable/durable parts. These bikes are pretty simple so there's not much complexity that gets in the way. But keep in mind... wear and tear on these engines are not unlike wear and tear on car engines and other bikes. If you keep driving around at redline, you'll see more wear and tear than someone who just rides around the neighborhood. So depending on what speed you'll be cruising at (like on highway plan for 65-70 mph cruising), you'll want to be able to go 10-20 mph more than that for top speed. You're not going to want to sit at 9000+ rpm for extended periods of time riding around

I'd personally keep the insurance on the car. You're commuting to school and back. When weather goes bad, last thing you want is to be on a bike. Go with the car and then worry about the bike.

I got rid of mine because I don't ride anywhere near what I thought I would. Since I don't stunt/wheelie/etc, I never go on group rides with the Grom guys. Not to mention that they all live a bit of a distance away so I'd have to hop on the highway.

You may want to consider saving up and getting a used CBR250 or CBR300. Max speed will be closer to 90-100 mph and is a full size bike.

The KPR200 is a good option. Lifan makes pretty good bikes. You can also look at what CSC and SSR have in terms of bikes as well.