View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 12:47 AM   #15

Tried to start it after 2 days of storage, and have had troubles with the stock PZ20 carburetor since day one.

Today I put a new better quality one on and it not only fixed the fuel flow issue I was experiencing, it gave a significant boost like the other 125 engines.

I have never experienced wheelies on my Hellcat at all. I just assumed it was because of my weight class, and poor knowledge on how it works.
After riding this BD125-2 for a while I know now it loves to wheelie when I take off from stops, even with the stock PZ20 carb! It must be because the riding position is right over the rear wheel.

the metal body is very pleasing to the eye in the sun, up close it has obvious seams showing that it was built with some sort of sub frame with a "decorative" steel outer shell.
It is very light, much lighter than the Hellcat.

with the stock carb I got it comfortably to 55-58 mph
Upgraded carb will push 60+ but it vibrates uncomfortably at very high speeds

the forward facing horn actually gets peoples attention

One big issue I cant fix yet is im riding and the front wheel feels like its going over a bunch of tiny bumps constantly. I haven't ridden much with spoked wheels, should I get them checked out?

front hand brake is able to pull all the way to the bar, probably just needs proper adjusting unless thats normal.

Will drop some pictures tomorrow

If you want a 125 that isn't "sporty" looking in the modern sense I recommend this bike. big + for it being on the CA approved list.

Last edited by DudeMantia; 07-13-2019 at 05:21 AM.