View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 03:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
I wouldn't buy the stand again. It's in the way, a pain to use, and improperly balanced. The stand was never an original option, and there are no proper places to attach it. It's CSC's best effort to use a shipping hole to add a cobbled-up stand. The price is ludicrous and the result is annoying at best. I should have spent my money on a good swingarm stand.

Of course, that doesn't help if you need to do maintenance on long rides. I'll never do long rides on this.
No, ludicrous is $300 US I had to pay for the center stand on my Versys 650. Pricing is similar on other makes and models. Personally, I haven't had any problems with mine. In fact, I find it makes deploying the side stand easier, since that doesn't have a deployment loop welded to it. The arm on the center stand is easy to catch with my boot, and that allows me to push down the center and side stands at the same time. When down far enough, I just let the center stand spring back up out of the way and finish deploying the side stand.

As for never using it except on long rides, breakdowns (flats, lost master link, etc.)occur on long and short rides; better to have it than not. I consider it a much better investment than the aluminum skid plate that I bought, but have never bothered to install.