View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GronkFries View Post
Hey all, first post (Sorry it relates to the bad guys lol!). I bought the TBR7 a couple months ago solely because it has rear disc brakes and also because I was surfing online drunk with a wallet within arms reach. Really wanted the white one but had to settle for blue. I'm very hooked on the china bike thing now, way above expectations other than the wonky carburetor & misc cheapy things. First time on any two wheeled contraption that goes off road - Always had been a street biker. They don't handle or float like a four wheeler and pretty much go down in the mud unless you work up a little speed first. But I love it!

I'm wondering if the reason for my mostly positive experience with txmotorsports is due to my complete lack of interaction with the company. I didn't ask any questions or call anyone, bought it all outright with no deposit, etc. I just printed my receipt and nine days later an idiot with a lift truck showed up at my office, which was kind of a pain. Ten more days and official bill of sale with certificate of origination followed.

I most likely would not have chosen that dealer if I knew the story, but it seems like they're a mass shipper of chino-junk and have no ability to provide quality customer service. I also believe the manufacturer's partnership arrangement is similar or the same across all dealers. Even though I had put down a few whiskies while researching and ordering it, it was clear the embedded online order forms for most/all competitors were identical. I even checked to see what the process was to become a dealer and it isn't hard - Sign a nondisclosure and shell out a small hunk of dough (Which might be cool to do actually). Then put a link to their ordering machine and let the cash roll in!

So the cracks in the armor for txmotorsports was the paperwork - All hand filled out in the guy's wife's handwriting most likely. Everything else about the transaction was automated and contrived by a more serious higher up. And after a moment of reflection that would definitely lead me to think "God help someone that does anything outside of the order box." Dealers earn their reputation through the small stuff and I don't think this Manny you speak of is capable of doing it at a grand scale.

So off to lurk around for carb and valve adjustment advice - Happy trails everyone!
Check my eBay for tools and things to help you sort out carb and valve things
All intended to make sets and things easier etc
Check link below for my store