View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 12:00 AM   #4

We have had 2 fuel injected 4 wheelers, and one that was a carb model. We had injector problems, fuel pump problems, and on and on, and the cost? Hold on to your moths in your wallet. The carb model? Adjusted valves, that is it, and still running strong, except for problems with cv joints, drive shafts. I guess I am old school with these small engines. Carb models are so simple on these simple, inexpensive bikes. AND the knowledge base on this site is actually priceless. I remember years ago when fuel injection came about in the snowmobile industry. We had several of these over the years. Lots of problems. But today these sleds today are upwards of $13,000, all high tech. (we are more in tune with sleds than the motorcycles). Personally I had a fuel injected sled years ago, deep pow, couldn't tow it out, wouldn't start, getting dark, 30 miles or more to pickup. We thought the fuel injection was iced up somehow, and nobody had any hot coffee, and we were running out of daylight to start a fire and heat some snow. HOWEVER, some in our group had to pee, and the collective, urination process was enough to de ice whatever was frozen, and we were on our way. We had carbs back in the day that froze up, but take them apart, blow them out, etc. Easy. We always carried extra mikuni jets, when the temp dropped and we were dropping in serious elevation. This is our first experience with the china bikes, and we are really amazed at how simple they are, and how much fun a person can have without breaking the bank! The suppliers that want down payments on a non guaranteed product, that may or may not work or be reliable? They are crazy, but again greedy. Bait and switch!
I guess I and we are old school.....
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".