View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #5

There is a dealer in San Diego called JP Motorsports that sold the old Qlink enduro, the X-Ranger 200 (built and badged by Zongshen, who is the OEM for this bike called the Sierra 200) who plated them. Now, they sell the new Qlink XF200 (a Qingqi-OEM'd bike) and plate them, too. Liverchip bought his Frankenstein dual sport (no, it's not ugly, but no "real" manufacturer--I theorized it's a Jetmoto-built bike) that was plated by TXX Motorsports in Orange County. If you go to their site, they have a couple of Roketa models and the fore-mentioned Zongshen Sierra on their site. Apparently, they get plates for all of them.

One thing you might want to consider before it gets too late is a threat, and then an actual small-claims suit if the seller won't budge. You bought a plated bike (you thought) and the seller never disclosed to you that he was supposed to turn in the plate. Now, I am not sure what was discussed between the two of you before the deal, and I am assuming this was discussed. If it wasn't discussed, then you are stuck with an ok off-road bike, and you will have to decide what to do. But again, if it was supposed to be street-legal, and it was sold to you under that impression, and you did go to the DMV, then you should consider this route.

Oh, the reason I mentioned the dealers is because perhaps they will "buy" the bike from you, and "sell" it back to you, doing their magic in the meantime. Just a thought. I would have no problem registering the bike in Yuma for you, but I don't think this will fly, either. Hope it turns out well for you, but another option, if the seller didn't want to get sued, is to give you some of the money. Perhaps tell him that the bike is worthless, but you have an out of state buyer (if it ultimately ended up that you wanted to be rid of it), but you can only get $400 (ok, my hint that when I am in the L.A. area on and off for the summer, I might consider taking the bike off your hands :wink: ) so he can give you $500 back, or something to that effect...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard