View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I’m hoping they fit all the weird pilot jet carbs
Only other I’ve found is CCW at $16 and only #45
I’ll see what n how I incorporate the jets to my items on eBay etc
Still difficult to get but if I do it right and have a way to offer the extra jets with my carb sprocket set I think that will cement the idea of just tuning the stock carb as I see that being the more or most logical and cost effective means to tune the new bikes
Starter kit and optional extra jets
Then maybe also offer the pumper carb which use the starter kit jets and add in the in between sizes etc.

I’m one to say I don’t think the Mikuni path is really worth it and there’s another as good and more cost effective path to starting out and upgrading the carb later on
Just my thoughts etc
Each to their own
Yes, I agree. 5 years ago the Mikuni clones were about $25. Now they have gone way up. I've seen them offered as high as $45. I suspect that this is the old story of "all the traffic will bear." Amongst other descriptions of this kind of thinking the one that stuck with me was "The Harvard Business School Method", which has been described as "make parts as cheap as possible, and charge the highest prices that you can get away with." Basically all of these carbs are close to the same, the only real difference is the availability of parts, especially jets. Quality jets. Quality means that all the jets of a certain catalog number all flow the same amount of gas, air, or light. However they choose to measure them....ARH