View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 11:37 AM   #19

[QUOTE=JerryHawk250;307733]Good stuff Dan and OneLeggedRider. I'll need to play around with my PWK30 just to see if it makes any improvements. I'm running a 39 pilot @ 1 1/2 turns out and a 125 main. I hate to fool around with it because it seems to be running perfect. But I'll never know until I try it. The PWK30 was a big improvement over the PZ30 once I did the porting and decking.

Jerry I hate to even ask this question because I know that you know what you're doing when it comes to tuning. Have you done WOT plug reading runs with the setup you have now?

Also do you think the PWK30 would be a good choice for me as far as tunability? Keeping in mind I am planning on doing the porting and decking but haven't done it yet.

And Tako I absolutely refuse to go beyond 2 turns on the mixture screw. They drilled it into our brains anything below 1 turn out or above 2 turns out was out of the range of adjustability and clearly meant you needed a different size pilot jet. I've strayed far enough from my training by drilling the pilot, and that was only done out of necessity.