View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 05:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
83.x miles per hour (Trail Tech Vapor Digital Dash, Subaru follow car, and Garmin GPS verified speeds) on my Bashan WILL 200 Dual Sport... bike needs some better tires and name brand Steering Head bearings before I go any faster

Have held 70+ mph for 2 or so hours at a time going to and from my home and the mountain trails on I-25

197cc Lifan engine with: "emissions pump delete" (exhaust fresh air pump crap), airbox delete for an UNI Pod filter, Mikuni cloned carb, stock exhaust head pipe (minus a mountain weld, still has the "Cat"), FMF Turbincore 2 Muffler, Denso Iridium Spark plug (the $50 racing version), a Denso Coil on Plug (taken from a liter bike), ceramic wheel bearings, and 17t/39t sprocket combo to reach those speeds
dang that's pretty fast man! Also a really good sprocket combo and I'm guessing your tires are way bigger than my 12" Vader tires--which are basically scooter tires lol--But Tires basically it's like your tire size affects gearing and bigger tires can help you get a higher top speed also. Im a little surprised the Subaru kept up--just kidding kind of, i dont really like Subaru anymore though after owning 8 of them

Your mods that include removing the "exhaust fresh air pump" made me think why the heck do we even have an exhaust fresh air pump?? Do we have it so that they hook up an emissions hose to the exhaust and say oh your exhaust is half fresh air or however much (because of the air pump!) Maybe it helps as a catalyst, maybe it just helps the exhaust gasses break down faster or maybe Im just reading this early in the morning, I dont really know much about how it works but the idea we bother pumping fresh air into the exhaust which cools it down and therefore probably slows down the gas evacuation from our exhaust seems a bit ridiculous to me!

I think you may have already taken the cake for any of us on China riders for top speed already!

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me