View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Sardine View Post
Right... I figured that might be normal but also can't figure out why the cat glows so hot so quick...

Haven't tried the timing light... not sure how that would work with a motorcycle... just shine the light in the port hole and look for the T?

Anyways... I'm at a standstill. Honestly, Q9 has been more dismissive, ambiguous and short with me than I'd hoped. I mean, I understand the nature of selling these kinds of products but it's obvious something isn't right (hawk runs beautifully with all the stuff we've done. Including mods). Yet they have told me they would call me back and didn't, given me no time frame when saying they'll contact the manufacturer, etc. I did everything they asked to troubleshoot the product they sold me.

I had asked them to just replace the bike, because I don't want to rip it apart. They have to take some limited amount of responsibility for the product they are selling. They have ignored this request, and have not given me a concrete answer on what would even be done if the engine were to be determined defective.

So I felt my only option was to call PayPal and escalate the dispute. I only want the refund for the Tao Tao, as the hawk is performing as advertised. Would have been happy with a replacement but we'll see. It's in PayPal's hands now.

I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the advice, all.
Yes, I'm going to explore the timing side of the engine later today. You won't need this information now, but some one else may, down the road....ARH