View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 05:40 PM   #37

A bit of an update since i have had a chance to look the truck over again and have played around with a few different ideas for it. I have confirmed from a Bumpside group that the truck should be fine for towing the trailer i got with it. I had my doubts for a bit but i have since found out where people have pulled a lot more weight with the smaller F100/150 then i am working with.

At the most i will be hauling either one of my C10s or the K5 in the background of the pics on the trailer. So well within the trucks ability. I have acquired a 12 gallon tank of unknown origin and an older aluminum crossover tool box with the floor falling out of it. The floor being shot in the tool box is actually the reason i wanted it. The plan is to finish removing the floor of the box and fit it over the 12 gallon tank in the bed. More then likely i will be replacing the tank that is under the left side of the bed with this tank unless i figure out some sort of way to plumb in all 3 tanks. I may have a means of doing that however based on some ideas that were presented when i was looking at running 3 tanks on one of my old C10s. Basically it will involve running two mechanical valves. One will be used to select between the main in cab tank and the two aux tanks. Of course the second valve will be used to select between the in bed tank and the one under the bed. I have an older Carter electric fuel pump i will be fitting in place of the main mechanical pump. That will be wired on a standalone toggle switch for now till i find a keyed circuit to tap into. After the aux tank and tool box are fitted i will probably fit a bedliner made out of 1/2" or 3/4" plywood to cover up the rusted out bed floor.

Hopefully i will be starting work on the truck within the next couple of weeks to fit up the carter pump and the 12 gal as its main tank for now to get it to a running state where it can be towed to a local shop to get the brakes done. The fuel system and brakes are the biggest things stopping it from being driveable. Other items of course being wheels and tires being fitted and some sort of exhaust. But those items can be dealt with once it is functional.
Attached Images

'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)