View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 10:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxwell View Post
UMMMM...Depends on what part of your ignition you are talking about. A vehicle ignition system includes everything that ignites the fuel.

Are you talking just about the 3 way key part that sends an electrical signal that either you have locked the steering/bike off Or Bike off Or turned the bike on?--I guess that would maybe be called the Ignition (Key) Switch part of your ignition system.

Or are you talking about another part that sends electricity from the magneto to the CDI? Or from the CDI to the Spark plug??

And your question makes me wonder: Why are you asking about where to tighten it? Are you having a no spark problem? Is your bike not turning on when you turn the key? Or something else?

It would help people trying to answer your question if you told them A) which part of the ignition system you speak of AND B) WHy are you asking about that part?
Then maybe I/They can help you better friend!

If you are talking about just the cylinder in which you put the key into is loose then you need to probably take some plastic fairings off off and tighten it underneath the plastic. On other bikes I have had the key ignition cylinder either bolts onto a metal tab attached to the downtube or the key igntion cylinder has tabs on the sides that fit into the fairings or metal which easily breaks or some bikes it both bolts on and has tabs to keep it from freely spinning when you turn the key
Where my key goes, bike is running fine and turning on just where the key goes it seems loose and wobbly.