View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
@sirmaxwell - Yea that clamp on chain tensioner from Amazon you linked looks exactly like mine ,it will be fine.,and it's super easy to install.

Back on the oil thing, i run a magnetic oil drain plug ( super cheap too, like 5$ on EBay in your choice of anodized color finishes ) to help keep particulates out of the oil, and i also am running an oil cooler set up to keep it cooler plus adding "some" additional volume of oil .I also tend to change my oil completely every 300 miles max , these Bikes only hold 1 quart so it's so cheap to do it i see no reason not to , if it was a 5 to 6 quart plus filter car job then maybe not so much lol !

I also have a trick oil dipstick that has a temp gauge on the top i got from Japan so thats nice too , so i can keep an eye on that when i am really thrashing .
Yeah I like the oil cooler idea especially if riding in the summer sun. My engine seemed pretty hot after just idling in 75 degrees yesterday so a well placed oil cooler that can get some fast moving air thru it should help. I would love an oil cooler but they all look pretty expensive to me like $80-100 or more if i remember correctly. I want sooo many mods that i am actually going ot have to maybe make a list and prioritize on what I really need/want because I don't want to spend a ton on this bike--at least not right away. maybe over a few years I will add everything I want like oil cooler, mirrors, storage box/bags, frame sliders, see thru engine parts and on and on to infinity and beyond!! I will end up with a 100% aftermarket bike with zero original Boom parts eventually lol

The exhaust was hot in places but actually cool enough to leave my hand on the expanded muffler part near the end--the part under the heat shield most of that is one of the coolest parts of the exhaust lol

I was warming up the bike and letting it cool down then repeating as part of the break in period again today and now I am making sure to only let it idle until it gets pretty hot--too hot to leave a hand on the crank case near the side of the dipstick. It was very noticeable that when the bike was still warming up and I revved it that it would shake a good amount BUT after it warms up about all the way and especially after warming up and riding a couple miles Then the vibrations are all but gone compared to when cold. I was happy with how the bike smooths out when warmer and I feel like I am starting to see the bike shifting smoother after running for 4-5 hours and just under 20 miles---Although that may just be my wishful diluded thinking making me hallucinate!!

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Last edited by sirmaxwell; 04-21-2019 at 02:36 AM.