View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 08:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
You did change the oil before starting it right? That shipping oil is crap. It will be hard getting to N but it will get better as you get more miles on it.
Yes I sure did change the oil to Mobil Motorcycle 4T full synthetic 10W-40 &I think it says racing and maybe mobil 1 on it. I was looking at the API and other certifications at Walmart--which only had a few 4 stroke motorcycle oils--and the one I picked was the most up to date best certification they had--from what I could tell since i don't know anyuthing but what I can google on oils other than the decent knowledge I have about oils being synthetic or not and viscosity weights..

I had to take the two exhaust nuts off the engine so I could wiggle the exhaust several MMs out the way in order to get the oil drain off. At first I was second guessing whether I had the right bolt pegged as the oil drain since it was impossible to get off with the exhaust blocking it before I loosened the exhaust! and the oil hits the exhaust a little when I drain it too..but oh well it isn't too hard and it works.

I hope the shifting does get better and hopefully my skills will get better too lol I also heard the bike performs better after time. I remember someone complaining that their bike shook a lot and someone else said their Vader is really smooth under the same conditions then they told them how to fix it...but I can't remember how if it was like idle air/fuel or jetting or oil or what. mine vibrates a bit on the rear fender but isnt too bad

What are your thoughts Whisky on what rpm/speed should riders be shifting gears on thier Vader?

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Last edited by sirmaxwell; 04-18-2019 at 10:19 PM.