View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 05:25 PM   #19

Dress for the slide not the ride. I also started out riding and racing dirtbikes, and didn't get my first street bike till the infamous Seca at age 18. It was basically a super bike at the time (what was my Dad thinking?).

But I was a little off in the head to begin with. There was a long and extremely steep gravel hill out past the grave yard. At 10yrs old I would put my 10 speed bicycle in top gear and pedal as fast and hard as I could down it, then 3/4 of the way down the hill I would crank the wheel sideways to dump it because I wanted to learn how to crash and roll. And I might do this 5 times in a row lol. But it was very beneficial. I learned to tuck and roll, get away from the bike, and never tense up too much.

I was doing all this in preparation for my future motorcycle racing career which eventually came to fruition with lots of hard work on the farm and begging and pleading lol. I think anyone trying to get a motorcycle license should have to spend atleast 6 months on a dirtbike.