Thread: 300cc Kit
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 07:21 AM   #421

Hi Tako, the kit works as advertised. Components are of good quality, except de MAP sensor, wich I had issues at first and later it stopped working sudenly in the middle of nowhere; lucky me (or perhaps, I'm farsighted haha) I had my netbook with me and was able to change the ECU from Speed Density (wich uses MAP) to AlphaN (wich not) and limp home. I replaced it with a generic unit (a common replacement unit for many cars), and all is fine now.
This was a kind of an educational project to me. I like that I can see and modify almost any parameter in this ECU, not only the VE map, but starting, warming up, ignition advance, acceleration enrichment, and many more. Just a couple things are preset in the firmware (wich the vendor did not sent to me), and really minor ítems wich are not show stoppers.
My goals were:
- Get rid of the Keima carburetor wich was starting to fail and have no replacement here
- Get a good and reliable cold start
- Get the posibility to alter mixture and engine parameters on the fly, much easier than fiddling with jets and needles in the carburetor
- Get the self adjusting of mixture to accomodate climate and altitude changes
- Educate myself on the details of EFI and have fun in the process
I'd say that it fullfilled all of this goals, but also that those are not everybody goals.
I'm very happy with the result, having put over 8000km now with the kit working, taken two long trips, ran many times all day long in different situations, and so on.