View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 01:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontando View Post
I'm in Granada Hills and commute to North Hollywood every day. It's not too bad if I skip the 118 and just use I-5\170, carpool lane, and split when needed.

Of course, that's only 14 miles each way.

When I was commuting to Santa Ana 50 miles each direction, that's another story.
LA to Santa Ana must have been nerve racking on the bike but the savings in time really adds up. I did Apple Valley to LA once a week for the last couple years on the 15, 210, 605 and 10. Although not my idea of fun, I must have saved a few weeks worth of my life spent in traffic, 88 miles one way. Added up to about 15,000 miles in two years. Only issue I ever had was when my bars clipped a Honda civic passenger side mirror splitting lanes on Hill in Chinatown at about 3 mph.

The Cajon Pass on Friday night is a scary place. People are fuming as they sit idle in traffic realizing they are going to miss their concert, show, or dinner reservations in Vegas. You occasionally have folks intentionally block you from lane splitting or cut you off. Lots of low speed near misses and middle fingers there. Whiskey or beer are needed post ride for sure.

Culcune the company bike must have been awesome. Postmates deliveries after-work kept me very busy in DTLA. Getting paid to ride is indeed very fun and has tax benefits.