View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 12:56 PM   #2

The best advice I would give is to call some dealers and see: 1) if they even answer the phone and 2) how knowledgeable they are on the product. My first purchase was with APSCUSA and I talked to Don. I found him very easy to get a hold of and I felt he knew the product.

With my second purchase (ordered a week ago from Texas Powersports), I ordered online and then called...and I was/am not too happy with how the people sounded when I spoke to them. You can tell they have NO idea about the bikes they are selling and don't have the bikes in front of them to actually put their hands on. They even asked me what website I ordered from because the operate under a few different names (why, I don't know). They couldn't confirm anything about the bike. Not a thing. They didn't even know that they front forks were inverted. I had to tell them that. They don't know and I get the sense they're not interested in finding out.

With the SSR, you're looking for a bike that will be harder to find than the Hawk and the dealers will be very different; I think it will be a very different experience. The Hawk's are everywhere. Heck, there's even a seller on Amazon and Walmart selling them. I would find a smaller, local dealer who probably has the bike right in front of him/her and can actually give you real info about the bike.

Did you check the SSR website? They list their dealers.