View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 08:48 PM   #1

New Member From Georgia

Hey everyone. Just another motor head with a Hawk 250 here. Gave up riding Harleys and Sport bikes about 10 years ago, wrong crowd for me.. Missed riding and my trucks leave much to be desired in the gas mileage department... Being a mechanic, machinist, fabricator.. just a jack of all trades really... well, the Hawk is up my alley and I had to have one. I spend a lot of time flying Power Parachutes, and RC aircraft. The PPC is hangared at our airfield so being able to hop on the Hawk to go get in a quick flight was very appealing. Beats spending $5 in gas every trip with the truck.

Texas Powersports shipped it to me on time without issue. Tagged in Georgia no problems. Swapped the carb for the Amazon Mikuni everyone gets, swapped in a 40t rear sprocket and DiD X-Ring Chain (15/40 is basically the same final drive ratio as the popular 17/45, but leaves room around the front sprocket for the heavier chain). Digital Dash from Matt is on the way.

I came up with a choke conversion kit that bolts on to either the factory or Mikuni carb, so you can work the choke from the right side easily. I will start a thread about that later.

Attached Images