View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 07:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
The downside is, the battery tender batteries are no more through Amazon. If you search on Google there are a few retailers with some leftovers. Since Battery Tender changed their battery brand/lineup, the old numbers are starting to be scarce.

I would also not install a lithium battery without first upgrading to a mosfet Reg Rec with the sense circuit eliminated. This will ensure the proper charge voltage across the RPM range with much greater stability. Otherwise the lifespan of the battery could be compromised.

Just one example of a decent affordable battery. A couple people on here use this one. https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Max-Ba...e%2C195&sr=1-6

I use a Gel variant from the same company and have been quite pleased with it so far.
That is the battery I am using and works perfect. Dan is correct. If you read through some of the reviews on the lithium battery you will notice quite a few claiming the batteries didn't last a few weeks or and month. That's due to the voltage being high and overcharging. Even with the Gel battery you will need to check the output of your charging system but should be okay. Even though it is a better battery, high voltage will kill it too but can withstand much higher voltage than the lithium battery. That said, I would get either the battery in the link or the Gel battery that Megadan mentioned. Keep it simple.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel