View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 04:37 PM   #37

Well, there's apparently liquid bar snake as well. That might work nicely. Fills the entire handlebar with a very dense liquid, that hardens into a dense rubber-like compound. That might be the ticket for the SSR. I hate to add a lot of weight though... I'll see how bad the vibration is next week.... because.... I'M ABOUT TO OWN ONE!

That's right, dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse... $2888 plus a $94 doc fee and then tax and tags. No other fees. My OTD is $3203. Apparently it had been sitting on his floor for a long time, and the owner was itching to move it. The owner genuinely seemed stoked that I was interested in the bike too. He said he had wanted to hear it run since the day they un-crated it.

To put this price in perspective, the other bike on my immediate radar was the CSC SG250 San Gabriel. The SG250 is $2499 (delivered) + tax and tags. For a ~$500 price difference, the Buccaneer was just a no-brainer over the physically smaller and significantly slower CSC. Plus I don't have to wait in line at the DMV. (A small benefit, but a benefit nonetheless!)

Parts seem very reasonable. Replacement tires are $72 for the front and $99 for the rear (only the OEM Chinese tires have the dual sport pattern), and they're in-stock items in the warehouse. The non-cafe seat (for two-up riding) is $101 and is also sitting in a warehouse in California. That's a steal, especially considering that the replacement seat for the Buccaneer costs less than the aftermarket COVER I bought for my 2017 Yamaha SCR950.

The only things I am concerned about are the non-adjustable brake lever and the 35 watt headlight. I wonder if any of the pitbikes have adjustable levers that will swap over.

Anyhow, I'm quite stoked!

Charles.