View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 01:24 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
I don't have an RX3, I've just read about a lot of people who have installed the kit in their engines on this site and ADVRider. Honestly I was going to get the RX3, but the price on this buck is so good that I'm going to get it instead.

Charles.
That's great news. Maybe you will lead the way on a big-bore upgrade. I do worry about more vibration, though.

Speaking of which, if you want to use the same heavier bar end weights I did, from a Guzzi Breva 1100, I'll be happy to send you a pair of longer screws that I had to buy in a lot of 10 when I couldn't find them locally.

Here are the details for the heavier bar end weights:

The weights are Guzzi part number AP8104572, available for $7.80 each from af1racing.com, and in-stock now. They are almost twice as long as the original weights and a little larger diameter. They weigh more than twice as much, as judged by hefting them. They fit the hand grips well, with the rubber lip on the end of each grip expanding a little wider to cup them slightly. (I had to add 2 or 3 common washers between the weights and the mounting points to get the weights properly aligned, as I recall. They are not visible now.)

Since I have four extra pairs of stainless steel 90mm button-head screws I'll never use, I'm offering to send you a pair for free, including US shipping, if you want one. This offer also applies for any other forum member buying a Buccaneer, while my supply lasts. Just send me a PM with a shipping address.

Buc

Last edited by Buccaneer; 02-06-2019 at 12:40 PM.