View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 11:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
As I never really liked the cafe look, the Classic does it for me. I'd like to see it with a scrambler pipe on it, though. Weird that the pipe is covering the bash shield and not the other way. Regardless, they both look like they've well made, and with news that you can increase the cc's, it's a bike I might consider in the future.
The big bore kit comes with cylinders, pistons, and rings, here:

https://chinesescooterparts.com/prod...-big-bore-kit/

The vendor claims the kit to be 334cc, but also says the pistons are 55mm in diameter, which, together with the stock 66mm stroke works out to a total displacement of (5.5/2)^2*3.1416*6.6*2 = 313.6cc. So something is wrong with either the claimed displacement or the stated diameter. Even 313.6cc is a 26% increase in displacement.

[EDIT: I now think the 334cc claim is a typo for the correct 313.6, rounded to 314. My reason is that the piston diameter that would produce 334cc is 56.76 (=10*2*sqrt(334/(\pi*6.6*2)), and I have never seen a metric OEM piston diameter specified in fractions of a millimeter.]

Of course you'd have to do something about the fuel injection. The stock ECU is a Delphi MT05, which is widely used in other applications. You'd need to reprogram it, or else rip it out and substitute a single carburetor as on the Virago or twin carburetors as on the SRV250.

I'm hoping to find someone on this forum with experience in increasing the capacity of an XV250 clone engine. Anyone know of such a person?

Last edited by Buccaneer; 02-04-2019 at 09:21 AM.