View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
I just checked one of these out this weekend at a local dealership. I really, really like the bike. The fit and finish is right up there with Japanese bikes. The paint is nice, the hardware is nice, the metal side covers are exceptionally nice, everything about it says quality, with the exception of the turn signals. I didn't care for the overly small, chromed plastic bits. BUT, it's not a deal killer by any means. I'm probably going to buy this bike...

Charles.
I forgot to mention that my right rear turn signal failed and was replaced under warranty. (It's the only other failure besides the 02 sensor.) When that happened I noticed that the signals have a common type of threaded tubular mount, so you could easily replace them.

On the other hand, though small, the signals are LED, and are very bright (as is the small tail/brake light). So changing to a larger incandescent signal would not be a step up in my opinion. (The owner's manual shows an incandescent turn signal, but it is incorrect.)

Plastic doesn't bother me anymore. The gas tank, side covers, both fenders, headlight shell, turn signals and tail light housing all are plastic on my Guzzi Griso, and have given me no trouble. But if you like metal, you'll like the Buccaneer.

By the way, if any one else is tempted, there is a $300 rebate offered now, just as happened last Spring when I ordered mine. After the offering period the price did go back up to list. The current offer expires at the end of [strike]March[/strike] -- FEBRUARY! THEY'VE MOVED IT UP A MONTH -- Buc.

Last edited by Buccaneer; 02-20-2019 at 01:06 PM.