View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 05:14 PM   #41

Projects always move too slow....and cost too much! :(

I had a new key made and got my top triple re-installed. I can now turn on the bike, but without a battery, it's somewhat of a futile action.

I pulled the radiator and oil cooler off the front, then removed the headers. that was so I could remove the coolant log on the front of the motor to replace o-ring seals. just precautionary maintenance. also did the same with the rear coolant log which is hidden behind the carbs.

I sourced a right footpeg bracket and peg. got that installed.

I removed the clutch slave cylinder with intentions of rebuilding it. it was froze tighter than dicks hatband. for 18 bucks I bought another used one instead. will install when it gets in. Then I will bleed the clutch as well as front and rear brakes.

I ordered a rebuild kit for the petcock. cheaper than replacing it. once that comes in, I'll get it back together.

Headers are sitting to the side. I have a friend with a 4-into-1 exhaust he's donating to the cause just so he doesn't have to look at them sitting in his shop any more. Only qualifier is I have to use them on the bike. It's a tough choice, but I think I can live with that agreement. </sarcasm>

Once the headers arrive....sometime around 2/16, and assuming I have the above items buttoned up, I'll install the headers and then put the radiator back on and properly fill it. I'll swap the tank from my other bike onto this one, and the battery too. Then it's time to see if she'll start.

After I get that far, there's only about a hundred other things to finish.