View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 06:22 PM   #7

Hind sight being 20/20, I should have thrown a heat pack in each boot. Even if the boot is rated at -25F, I don't think that applies to 55 mph and 30F.

I run Oxford heated grips inside of handle bar muffs of the Ural. Hands are toasty enough that I can usually ride without gloves, which can make all the difference in being comfortable. I do wish the grips had a rheostat control instead of just four heat settings; 1) Is this on?, 2) I think I feel something., 3) Hothothot., 4) I think I'm gonna need a skin graft.
I have no heated gear other than my grips, but I have some great jackets and coats. Both of the leather ones are lined, one with shearling and a faux fur collar. My 60s Swedish Army winter motorcycle kit is the bees knees as long as you aren't in a hurry or if you suddenly need to pee. Then you will hate your life. Also, if you trip and fall backwards while wearing it, you will know how a turtle feels. The Aussie Drover coat, that I'm still trying to figure out. Adding the shearling liner made a big difference, but see the turtle reference.

I was working in the field today. 25F, sunny, no breeze, and frost on every surface. It was not fun.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts