Thread: 300cc Kit
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 02:59 PM   #379

sqwert, I feel for you in those conditions.
If I'm going down a major freeway where 65-75 mph is the norm for the cars, I try to find a big truck to safely ride behind that normally have to run slower 55 mph and let the world go by. If no truck available then I'll ride speed limit or 5 mph less and the caggers usually see me ahead and pull over into passing lane and blow around me without much ta do.
I stay clear of riding in front of a truck because I've seen cars come flying up on the truck ,whip out into passing lane then dive back in front of the truck prematurely and hit a motorcycle who is just cruising along safely in front of the truck. The car sees a big truck as the threat, doesn't even see a little cycle until to late.
If I'm on my cycle on a major freeway , I'm usually on vacation and being in a hurry at my age is no excuse cause I want vacation to last as long as possible.
My daddy use to say just because everyone else goes and jumps in the lake doesn't mean I have too. So just because everyone else wants to drive like they want to meet their Maker today, doesn't mean I have to.
Besides I already have met Him and know Him as a personal Friend. rj