View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #78

To address a few posters.. We offered the client a full refund via email multiple times. We stated we would do a full chargeback of this credit card once the unit was picked up from the freight company. The freight company issues a pickup receipt that shows the sender and the destination along with the package. There is no need to "trust", because the email + the receipt is all the person would need. This particular client did not want a chargeback.

Don't you use a bonded shipping company? Why wouldn't the truck driver be just the same as your front door? Yes, we use bonded freight companies. We were willing to send the unit once the truck driver had possession.

Why must the customer wait/endure/trust you, for your admitted mistake?

We offered to send the correct bike, the instant the mistakenly shipped unit was on the truck. Our policy has to be strict because there are less than scrupulous people that have taken advantage of situations like these in the past. People claiming we sent the wrong unit even though it was the correct one, claiming units were damaged beyond repair that actually had no damage, claiming the freight crate was mislabeled, and tons of other reasons. We then quickly send out a new unit and only to never receive the original unit back. I assure you this isn't a case of 1 in 30,000. The anonymity of the internet allows for many people to behave in a manner they typically would not do anywhere else.

We certainly don't expect the worst from people. Our policy is NOT to wait until the original unit is actually delivered back to our store and then fully inspected by our staff before sending the correct unit. This is the policy of a lot of online businesses. We just need a confirmation from the driver that a unit is picked up before the next unit is delivered.

Why would you not immediately jump on this and make it right WITHOUT saying negative things about this customer to eBay? You already had his money. He has youth for an excuse, you are a business.
I will not go into the specifics around this particular client, but I assure you all professional attempts were made to assist this client. After repeated attempts via phone calls and emails to fix the problem, we were unable to come to a agreed upon solution. All attempts were made prior to leaving any sort of feedback on the client.

As stated before, I wish this could have ended better for both parties. I never like losing a customer. I do honestly believe all reasonable attempts were made to satisfy the customer, but sadly none were satisfactory.

Please note, we have one of the highest customer satisfaction rates in the industry, in addition to being one of the largest online ATV dealers in North America. I only wish that every satisfied customer would come online and post, but sadly it is only the occasional unhappy ones that do, but such is the nature of the internet. There will be times when issues arise in any business, but it is up to both parties to be mature, reasonable, and professional about the situation so a common solution can be found.

If you have any further comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me @ nathan.barling@atvdiscounter.net.