Thread: 300cc Kit
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
Hmmm? Reference to engineering characteristics and installation instructions? I draw the line somewhere. Don't yet know where. Already having heat problems with your kit and the stock radiators on warm days when holding WFO. Only reason I have yet to measure for a stroker crank--stock cooling can't handle any more than what the bike has with your kit under my riding conditions. Close ratio trans also needs different ratios before adding more torque curve, your kit is about all the stock ratios can feel comfortable with. Then, more displacement would just about require a modified head and more radical cam, and the cam is probably not available due to the compression release, but more displacement may then be somewhat compatible with the stock trans ratios.
Heating up? as in reading the temp or as on the bars on the gauge? they are high standard etc. I missed this comment and I haven't heard anyone report heating issue. Have you check the system is working correctly? I mean adding more cc might tip a weak or faulty system over the edge but that doesn't mean it is the extra cc or kit causing the issue.

Currently my cooling system is TOO cold and only goes to 1-2 bars up the gauge - thermostat issue I assume and I gotta fix 3rd gear........... don't feel like doing that part!