View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 12:37 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryl View Post
I guess I am just clueless on the rules in Cali. You cannot operate a vehicle licensed out of state or cannot insure it unless it's carb approved? Do they pull you over if they think your vehicle does not comply with the carb guidelines? Also what's up with your tmec? Why will it not get on the road again?
California is funny with how they do things. A friend of mine who works for a small city's police force in the metropolitan area of L.A. told me that it is a red flag driving around California in a vehicle registered out of state with a California driver's license. They think something is funny, the least being you are trying to circumvent paying registration in California especially if said out of state registered vehicle is registered in your name.

The TMEC was wrecked in an accident in Oct. of 2015. However, I rode it for another 13 months, daily, 33 miles round trip in So. Arizona where I lived. I finally retired it when I bought my TGB scooter. A 'friend' was supposed to buy it; he worked for a local yokel independent motorcycle shop, and pulled a bunch of stuff off the vehicle. He never paid me the $125 for the bike, so I had to take it back. The final straw was selling the wheels and tires for about $125 to a member here on Chinariders. The TMEC is sitting in my backyard waiting for a new owner...free to good home! LOL

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard