Thread: 300cc Kit
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I've looked and looked for the O Ring. Believe you me. Since I grabbed the rag and gently pulled it out from under the piston ,I assume it may of rolled off and fell in the crankcase. Or Maybe a mouse ran off with it, Vermin. Any way it's buttoned up. New O Ring should be here tomorrow. I'll get it installed and run it and hope for the best. Check the screens and filter and if I see it I'll let you guys know. I remember when I first looked at the O Ring when taking the manifold off thinking to myself , wow they really put that in there cause I couldn't just pick it out with my finger nails. Then next time I looked for it was gone, motor put back together. Time stopped, perspiration ran , Oh crud moment.
Got other projects I need to get on to while the weather is cold up here. rj
My only word of advise is be real nice to it during break-in and treat it like a new motor. I could tell there were some hot heat cycles, especially during the first 150 miles. Then it really started smoothing out.
Let us know what you think, regarding power band. My bottom end and mid-range became all I wished it had been to begin with but the top end is fairly flat. It doesn't seem to pay any dividends at redline. I figured this is a matter of mapping. Same amount of fuel and timing curve feeding a bigger hole.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350