Thread: FNG from AZ
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #1

FNG from AZ

Tire Assassin here, doing some research on an Apollo RFZ 125 that I am buying soon.

I've been a biker for my most of my life starting with a 1980 Kawasaki KX80 when I was little. From then on I was hooked and have had dozens of bikes over my life, mostly Yamahas and Ducatis. The most fun bikes I ever owned were my Yamaha TW200 and the Ducati 1098 Streetfighter.

When life happened I had to give up on expensive new Italian bikes and started buying cheap junk and fixing it up. Probably one of the most fun projects was taking a $900 Virago and turning it into a head-turning bobber. Currently I am back on an Italian with a Ducati Monster that I rescued from almost certain death and resurrected it to be a dependable daily driver.

I'm really wanting to get back into off road riding but there was no way I was spending thousands on something I'm going to bash against rocks. Read tons of reviews about the RFZ 125 and I was sold. It sounds like the perfect hooligan bike that I won't look like a circus bear on.

Cheers!