View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #6

From what I understand, RPS are really Hensim. Hensim already closed down once in the late 2000s due to EPA (and if I remember CARB violations. It was a shame at the time because they recently had introduced one of the first '250' Chinese dual sports, once Hibird's '250' dual sport was no longer available (Hibird offered their identical 200 for a while after). Hibird were sold via a mail order place in Oklahoma called VBike (among others) for a low price. The same place later brought in the Hensim, forebearer to the Hawk, which seemed to be a one or two container deal. Hensim's website teased a dirt bike 250 among their very small selection of product they offered, but never showed the photo. My belief is that the place in OK got a large container direct from China. Next thing you knew was that the company was in trouble for something involving cheating emissions (I am sure the report can be found archived on the EPA website) and they shut down their headquarters in City of Industry just east of Los Angeles.

Relevant somewhat because RPS is the new incarnation of Hensim's US subsidiary.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard