View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I emailed the North (and South?) American rep for Bashan who I had befriended on another forum when he was doing marketing research on what members thought of the Brozz before those were brought in to the US. I asked him about the possibility of Bashan and/or BMS CARB certifying the CRP 250 for California. He said that BMS themselves are in the process of certifying their own CRP 250 for California; Bashan did not want to add more cost per bike so did not send in their own branded bikes for the certificate. It looks like sometime in 2019, CSC's TT250 will have competition here in California in the Chinese enduro category, lol. He did mention in the email that Bashan are in the process of EPA/CARB certifying 2 different 150cc street bikes; I emailed him back to see if they are GLVs, or 'Grom-like-vehicles' but haven't heard back. I couldn't imagine they would bother to bring in a full-size 150cc motorcycle, but will have to wait for his email to confirm if they are minis.
Thanks for the info culcune. We both know it's just a matter of time until other Hondoids are available to be plated here. If a small company like CSC can do it, so can others. It's a HUGE market and at the moment, people have some spendable cash.

The GLV's seem to have done well here. i think So Cal is a good place for them due to how condensed the area is.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350