View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 08:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
Beautiful ride Stevie. Thank you for sharing. I would like to ask some questions about the trip please. Travel time? Fuel consumption? Distance traveled? Thanks.
The whole trip was just over 300 miles in 2 and half days.

Hurricane down to Bar 10 Ranch then over to Tuweep took a solid full day and we were setting up camp about 30 minutes before dusk. I think it was about 120 miles for that first day, but keep in mind over 100 miles of that was off road. We took our time seeing the sights and we did have to negotiate some gnarly mud in a few spots which was a little time consuming.

Tuweep down to the Toroweap overlook, then doubling back and up to Kanab was a pretty easy day and we finished around 4pm. Again, we spent a generous amount of time at the rim of the Grand Canyon. This second day was about 90 miles with about 75 miles on dirt. The last three miles climbing up and 3 miles back to/from the overlook was slightly technical with some rocky sections. It's the type of road that you need high ground clearance to negotiate.

Kanab back to Hurricane through Zion NP was only about 70 miles on all paved roads, but some of the best riding IMO. It's a relaxing and exceptionally scenic easy half day, if you spend lots of time stopping to see the sights and enjoy it.

I haven't topped off yet since I got back to get real accurate MPG, but when I fueled up at Bar 10 Ranch, I took on 1.4 gallons. That was roughly 90 miles into the ride, which put me around 64mpg. I guess thats pretty good considering 60+ miles of that was dirt.