View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 02:31 PM   #14

Those shipping cages are pretty tough , so you're prolly okay .Mine was flawless as was the cardboard covering but there were still some minor flaws on the bike , I expect either from the factory assy. or from them packing the bike into the crate, nothing severe enough to cry over though.

Take your time and go slow and get her together right with blue loctite etc
and try to get some help with that front wheel, it's a real pain to get on solo.
Make sure you get the speedo sensor and spacer in it correctly too, and add some grease in there ,other than that putting it together isn't too bad ,use care on the handlebar clamp nuts and bolts, they are "chinesium" and you need to get them tight but you cant crank hell out of em like you can on other bikes or you will pull the threads out of the holes.

Hit all your brake and throttle lines with some cable lube or WD40 etc too and don't forget to CHANGE THE OIL before you fire it, it takes a full quart of good stuff thats safe for clutches ,mine shipped with only half a quart in it, and it wasnt really " oil" just some greasy anti corrosive shipping oil .

I know we already told ya all this but it's easy to forget when you're all excited trying to get it together so you can ride that bad boy .Good luck with it , oh and check your chain tension mine was WAY too loose after i connected the rear shock , woulda been bad if i had took off with it that loose ~
2020 Orion RXB250L