View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
With the tourfella racks it was easy to use clamp on mounts. I've since used them on my F800 also. With the hard luggage, it would help protect the rifle in case the bike went over.
On the TW I made a hard case that fit the barrel under the tank and the stock against the side of the frame under the seat. It was bolted on, waterproof, and the lid featured a padlock. That is what I want on the RX3.

Probably build a similar case for the RX3, plenty of room between the left side case and tire since brackets extended to balance the right side case over the muffler. Problem is I have a couple of bench rest rifles. The 40-XBBR has a longer action than most and a 32-inch barrel to take advantage of heavy loads of slower, more consistent burning powders. Chambered .300 Winchester Magnum. It just doesn't fit most store bought solid cases. I'm not putting a $5500 rifle and scope in a folding case, or letting it stick out the sides to be brush whacked riding in to some of the more remote locations that hold a folding bench well.